Summer is a time for long, warm days and outdoor activities. Storms, on the other hand, can cause significant damage to trees and property during this time of year. Storms in the summer can bring hail, lightning, and torrential rain, which can all result in trees falling, limbs breaking, and other harm to your home and property.
To reduce the risk of damage to your trees and home, it is crucial for homeowners to prepare their properties for summer storms. Tree removal is an important part of this preparation. This blog post will cover how to get your property ready for summer storms and why cutting down trees is a crucial step in that process.
Assess the Risk
Assessing the risk is the first step in protecting your property from summer storms. Look for any trees on your property that might present a threat during a storm as you walk around it. What to look for includes the following:
- branches on trees that are dead or dying
- trees with pronounced leaning in one direction
- trees with significant splits or cracks in the trunk trees with exposed, shallow roots
- trees showing symptoms of illness or infestation
It’s time to think about cutting down the tree if you see any of these symptoms. You can also get in touch with an expert tree removal service to assess your property and find any trees that might be dangerous during a summer storm.
Tree Removal: When and Why
The decision to remove a tree is one that should not be made hastily. There are, however, a number of reasons why it might be required, particularly during summer storms.
Safety is a factor. Damaged or diseased trees are more likely to fall during a storm, endangering your family’s safety and causing serious harm to your property.
Property damage is another factor. Your home, vehicles, and other structures on your property may sustain significant damage if trees fall on your property during a storm.
Finally, cutting down a tree can improve the look and value of your property. Trees that are dead or damaged can be unsightly and reduce your home’s curb appeal.
Tree Removal Process
The next step is to get in touch with a reputable tree removal service if you’ve located a tree that needs to be taken down. Here is a description of how to remove a tree:
- Evaluation: A qualified arborist will evaluate the tree and decide how to safely remove it.
- Preparation: Clearing any obstacles and making sure the area is safe for the tree removal process are all parts of the preparation done by the tree removal service.
- Cutting: The tree will be cut down by the tree removal service in sections, working their way down from the top of the tree.
- Removal: The tree removal service will clear your property of the tree’s trunk and branches, leaving behind only the stump.
- Stump Grinding: Grinding the stump to below ground level is the last step in the procedure, leaving you with a smooth, level surface.
Protecting Your Property During Summer Storms
You can take the following actions in addition to tree removal to safeguard your property from storms in the summer:
- Trim your trees: Pruning your trees on a regular basis can help lower the possibility of limbs breaking during a storm. Engage a reputable tree service to inspect your trees and remove any limbs that are diseased or damaged.
- Protect outdoor items: During a storm, outdoor toys, furniture, and other items can become dangerous projectiles. Before a storm arrives, be sure to lock them up or move them inside.
- Clean gutters: Clogged gutters and downspouts can cause water to back up and damage your roof and walls. Clean your gutters and downspouts.
- Check your roof: Before a storm hits, inspect your roof to make sure it’s in good shape. Make sure your roof is properly sealed, and fix any loose or damaged shingles.
By taking these precautions, you can lessen the possibility of tree and branch damage to your property during summer storms.
Although summer storms can be unpredictable and damaging, there are precautions you can take to protect your home and reduce the likelihood of damage. This preparation must include the removal of all trees, as diseased or damaged trees can present a serious risk during a storm. You can help make sure that your property is safe and secure throughout the summer storm season by evaluating the risk, getting in touch with a reputable tree removal service, and taking other preventative measures.
Arbor Care Solutions is dedicated to quality workmanship at an affordable price. We are detail oriented, local, and insured. We are located in Greenville, SC and cater to the entire Upstate. We offer tree removal, tree trimming, and more! We are family owned, punctual, and offer free estimates. Our work is guaranteed, and we stand behind our promises. Our favorite thing about our business is our willingness to help homeowners during difficult circumstances such as storm damage or natural disaster.